Garmin Watch v Bushnell Range Finder
Garmin Watch v Bushnell Range Finder
The dilemma that most senior golfers have when deciding on distance accessories for golf is which one to choose for their game, this article Garmin Watch v Bushnell Range Finder will hopefully answer some of those questions about which one is for you.
Last week I played a round of golf and put the two of these golf distance golf accessories to the test, me being a senior golfer who does not like wearing a watch when playing golf was pleasantly surprised about wearing a watch whilst playing especially with the sleek looking Garmin S20, it didn’t interfere with my golf as I had previously thought!
Before you rush out and buy any golf distance finder you really need to know what you want out of it, is it:
1. Distance to the middle of the green
2. Hazards on the hole
3. Pin positions
4. Carry distances
5. Golf courses already loaded on the device
The list could be endless but the above really highlights what basic functions you will need for your new acquisition, so in this article/review I want to cover off what I would look for and hopefully that will help you in making your decision when looking to purchase a golf distance accessory.
Garmin Approach S20 GPS Golf Watch
Garmin Approach S20 is the golfing accessory that doubles as an everyday watch. Stylish, sleek and lightweight, this versatile GPS device features more than 40,000 courses plus automatic map updates, daily activity tracking and smart notifications to connect with your healthy lifestyle. On the course, you’ll see precise distances to the front, back and middle of the green, as well as hazards. Garmin Auto Shot game tracker measures your shot distances and auto-records them for review on your Garmin Connect account. In addition, receive smart notifications for calls, texts, emails and other alerts right on your wrist.
• Get all information you need for your next shot from an easy to understand graphical user interface
• Auto Shot game tracker measures and auto-records shot distances and shot location
• Get better guidance during your approach with distances to hazards, doglegs and layups
• Course View feature automatically updates frequently played courses for free
• Combines sporty design with activity tracking and smart notifications
So, in short, this watch is very similar to the Apple watch but it really helps with your golf game if you are looking for that extra bit of technology to enhance your game of golf. To find information on this product visit Amazon with this link CLICK HERE.
Bushnell Golf 2016 Tour V4 Jolt Laser Monocular Distance Rangefinder
• Pin Seeker Technology with JOLT provides the golfer with short vibrating bursts to reinforce that the laser has locked onto the flag. JOLT Technology eliminates all doubt.
• Ranges 5-1,000 yards; 400+ yards to a flag with 5x magnification
• Ergonomic design with Stabi-Grip technology
• 3-Volt CR2 battery and premium carry case included
• 2 Year warranty
The new Tour V4 rangefinder from Bushnell is both faster than the previous V3 and approximately 30% smaller and more ergonomically designed. The V4 utilises JOLT Technology, which vibrates when the unit locks onto the target. Other features of the Tour V4 include accuracy within one yard, 400-yard range to a flag, 5x magnification, a fast focus system, and rainproof performance. To find information on this product visit Amazon with this link CLICK HERE.
Me being a purist of golf when the days are gone when we used to asked all of the correct questions in the pro shop before you played, what are the distance markers on the course, are they to the middle of the green or front of the green etc and then pace out your distances and work out the yardage in your head, those days are gone and we are now showered with great devices to improve our game, it’s now up to you which one you choose that suits ‘Your’ game not anyone else’s.
As always if you have any comments or feedback regarding this article Garmin Watch v Bushnell Range Finder please do not hesitate to leave a comment below, I will be glad to respond to any responses received.