Cheap Golf Clubs
Cheap Golf Clubs
I want to look at the difference between purchasing Cheap Golf Clubs compared to buying a recognised brand set of golf clubs! There are a lot of Pro’s and Con’s but the best way to look at it is to lay out the features and benefits between the two.
Firstly if you buy a cheap set of golf clubs say from your mate, a friend of a friend, off of EBay or off of an internet website there are many things to consider, let’s highlight the benefits:
Cheap Golf Clubs – Pro’s
- They are a good price
- They are within your budget
- They look good
- They are in good condition
- They come with a golf bag
- They are a full set of 14 clubs including putter
- They are from someone you know or have been recommended to
All great reasons to buy them and rightly so, but there are many things to consider:
Cheap Golf Clubs – Con’s
- Are they going to suit your game
- Are they the correct length for your height
- Are the shafts the correct flex for your game
- Are the heads of the clubs going to sit nicely on the ground at address
- Are the grips OK for your hand size
- Are they going to enhance your game or hinder it
- Are they going to last you for a good deal of time considering the investment
OK, now looking at both columns as you can see there are lot of areas to take into account when looking at buying a set of cheap golf clubs – they might fit in your budget but are they going to help you improve your game, keep your game stagnated at where it has been for many years or possibly make your game worse?
So the big question is – what are you trying to achieve by investing in the first place? Then once you have decided if, why, what and when, then you can start seeing how hard it is to make a snap decision when buying cheap golf clubs, new golf clubs or discounted golf clubs – buying golf clubs is not about just ‘well they are a good price’ and that’s it, there are many things to consider.
Now let’s look at the Pro’s and Con’s of buying a recognised brand set of golf clubs from a golf retailer or golf professional:
Recognised Brand Set of Golf Clubs – Pro’s
- They have got a manufacturer warranty
- They can be custom fitted to you
- They can be swing speed tested to ensure that you have the correct shafts
- They are in good condition
- They are a full set of 14 clubs including a putter
- They can be re-gripped to suit your hand size if required
- They are being purchased from a reputable source
Recognised Brand Set of Clubs – Con’s
- Are they going to suit your budget
- Are they the clubs for you
- Are they the clubs that are going to enhance your game
- Are they going to last me a few years
- Are they a brand that will be around for another 10 years
As you can see from the list of Pro’s and Con’s for and against Cheap Golf Clubs versus a Recognised Brand Set of Clubs, there are a lot of things to consider before jumping head first before buying cheap golf clubs because they are cheap – cheap does not always equate to correct in golf club terms.
So my recommendations to you are:
- Find the clubs that you want from a reputable source
- Discuss your budget
- Negotiate your price, if possible, all retailers like a deal!
- Spending a bit more money will certainly reap rewards
- Get them fitted to your posture and height
- Get the correct shafts for your club head speed
- Get the correct shafts for your swing speed
- Make sure you have the right shafts for woods and irons
- Get a set that is going to enhance not hinder your game
- And ask the golf retailer or professional to throw in some extras to get the deal
Now as you can see, from the offset if you went about the process of buying cheap golf clubs properly in the first place, you will get what you want, for the price you want, the clubs you want and the package that you want – you might offend a friend who has offered you them for a good ‘deal’ but it’s best to get what you want and for the price you want to pay.
From this article you can see all the important factors that need to be taken into account most importantly budget – but as you go down the road of getting the clubs of your dreams from the golf retailer or golf professional please make sure they go through this process with you, so you know you are getting the clubs that are needed to enhance your game, the process is:
Club Fitting to your specifications, height, swing speed and club head speed:
- Distance is measured from your wrist to the floor whilst your arms are pointing to the floor, this ensures that the golf club shafts are the correct length for you
- Swing speed is monitored on a golf flight scope or similar so your club head speed, swing speed, ball spin speed, smash factor, ball trajectory and ball flight shape are monitored
- Hit a few balls on an impact board so you know the sole of the club is perfectly aligned with you and they have taped up the sole of the club to show ‘impact’ areas
- Shaft requirements may differ from say a Driver, 3 Wood and Irons, so make sure you go through the golf flight scope procedure for all clubs
These are the fundamentals for ensuring you get the correct clubs, dependent on the golf retailer or golf professional they may have other methods or techniques to fitting you out, but the above is the bear minimum to ensure that when you do hit a golf ball – they are the clubs for YOU!
Some suggestions on where to possibly find cheap golf clubs or discounted clubs please visit:
I hope that this post has helped you in making an informed decision on buying either cheap golf clubs, new golf clubs or second hand recognised brand golf clubs? And as always if you have any comments or questions please do not hesitate to leave me a comment below and I will endeavour to respond to you as quickly as possible.
Here is a link to another post that may be of interest to you – CLICK HERE.