Masters patron rules
Masters patron rules
If you are ever lucky enough to attend the US Masters at Augusta National it might be wise to read up on a few of the Masters patron rules before you go, some of the rules, if broken by a patron, will see you expelled off of the course for ignoring the regulations.
Whether you break the rules on purpose or inadvertently there are no excuses and no second chances if you are asked to leave you HAVE TO LEAVE there are no exceptions so be warned if you are planning on making a visit to the US Masters on a glorious spring day in April.
No so long ago a golf correspondent from a worldwide TV broadcaster accidentally walked out of the media centre to take a call because of the noise inside the centre and was evicted on the spot, so the rules must be adhered to and it doesn’t matter who you are.
You may well be thinking why would you bother attending the unique golfing event held on an annual basis at the same venue, well for that exact reason it is unique and exclusive and that is why the US Masters tournament committee sticks to the patron and visitors rules to keep it that way!
If you are one of those golfers who like the sound of their own voice and scream out ‘In the hole’ or ‘mash potato’ or whatever rubbish comes into your head, then you will last exactly five minutes at this unique annual golfing event before getting escorted off of the property so you have been warned.
Here are some the Master patron rules that need to be adhered to by all visitors and patrons at the US Masters:
1. A complete ban on all mobile telephone devices throughout the golf course and of course the media centre! Even if it’s in your pocket you will be asked to leave
2. They have security acting as patrons among the crowds to police the rules
3. You are not allowed to run at Augusta National – ever
4. You cannot use another patron’s fold-up chair even if it is empty
5. Each patron must make their spot at the beginning of each day of play
6. You are not allowed to sit down on the ground – only folding chairs if you want to
7. You must not sunbathe or lie down on any part of the golf course
8. No branded goods allowed onto the property
9. No cooler boxes of any kind, you want a drink you have to buy it on site
10. You must wear shoes at all times – no bare feet allowed
11. If you want to wear a golf cap then it has to be worn the correct way and not on backwards
12. No tipping allowed on the golf course even though it is in the US where tipping is second nature within the service industry
I hope that this bit of information will help you on the right track of avoiding getting turfed out of Augusta National if you are ever lucky enough to attend, but don’t worry if you do forget them because the rules for visitors and patrons are clearly visible on entry to the property every day that you attend.
I hope that this article on the Masters patron rules will help you if you ever visit Augusta National and if you have any questions regarding this article please do not hesitate to leave me a comment below, I will be glad to respond to any comments left.
Happy Golfing as Always.
Bogeys to Birdies
More articles on Golfing tournaments – READ MORE